The misty climate, sulphurous springs and colored lakes truly make this highest village in Java a place of natural wonder and cultural significance. Towering at 2,600 masl, Prau is the highest point in Dieng and it makes an excellent ridge hike. Along with the daisy-filled meadow hills and the stunning golden sunrise at the top, if the weather permits, you should have great views of up to 12 peaks of mountains around Central Java.
Dieng Highland and Mount Prau Trekking and Sightseeing
Day 1: Jogjakarta - Wonosobo - Dieng
Upon arrival at Jogjakarta, our guide will pick you up then transfer to Wonosobo. Stop at Wonosobo to have a traditional culinary of Central Java for lunch. Continue to Dieng Plateu to visit Kawah Sikidang, Museum Kailasa, and tour of Arjuna Dieng Temple. Transfer to Homestay, rest and Dinner at the homestay.
Day 2: Dieng – Mt. Prau
After breakfast we will continue the tour of Dieng Plateu. Visit Telaga Warna Dieng, Telaga Pengilon, Caves and Dieng Plateu Theatre. After lunch, head back to the homestay to prepare and pack for hiking. Reach the first peak where you will camp overnight. Dinner will be served in the camp.
Day 3: Mt. Prau - Wonosobo - Jogjakarta
You will be served with hot drinks and snacks while waiting for the sunrise in the campsite. After sunrise and breakfast, we will walk around the summit of Prau, which is shaped like hills from Teletubbies. At 9AM descend down to Dieng. Upon finishing lunch at homestay, you will be transferred back to Jogjakarta to catch your flight.
End Of Program
Rate: USD 250/person/twin share Minimum 2 person
- Land Transport
- Local Guide & Mountain Guide
- Porters for camping equipment and logistics
- Camping equipment (tent, mats, sleeping bag, lighting)
- Cooking & Dining Equipment
- Meals as mentioned above
- Climbing Permit
- Parking fee
- Entrance fee
- Air Ticket
- Airport Tax
- personal expenses
- extra meals and drinks
- services not mentioned above.
What to Bring :
– Extra film
– Toilet paper
– Hat / cap
– Sun cream.
– Warm Clothing ( fleece ) wind jacket.
– Flash light
– Rain Coat during wet season
Here you day pack personal :
– Torch or Flashlight
– 1 pair champ shoes/trek shoes are good
– Sun block/lotion, hat/cap, sun glasses
– Spray for muscle/balm
– Insect repellent
– Camera, Handy cam (Manual or Digital) – Small towel
– 2/3 paces of T-Shirts
– Long trek pants/wind proof
– Windproof Jacket
– 2 pcs of shorts
– Trek stick/lekki (optional)
– Sandals (optional)
– Swimming Suite (optional)
– Binocular (optional)
– Extra trail snack (we supply fruits, menu)
– Garbage Plastic can (optional)
View the embedded image gallery online at: